Τρίτη 3 Σεπτεμβρίου 2013

Dear Savas
 
Sorry for the delay but I only found out today in the Guardian article about you that you are facing trial tomorrow.  It is thanks to courageous people like you that the world knows of the real situation in Greece.  Keep strong, Savas. You are a brilliant public intellectual with the highest morality; it is a privilege to have met you and I hope to continue to hear you speak at the critique conferences.  I am circulating the petition.  Please let me know if there is anything else we can do. Sorry I can't be in Athens at the moment but I hope you have much support there.  The more who follow your moral stand the better.
 
Good luck and I hope that the court sees sense.  I shall try to follow the news of the trial and get enough information to write a piece for the Council for Academic Freedom and Standards newsletter this month.
 
With all best wishes
 
Geraldine Thorpe